News:

If this is your first time to visit, you might have to register here before you can post.

Main Menu

With tour guide or without when visiting other countries

Started by PinoyDanilo, August 19, 2024, 03:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I totally understand not having a local tour guide when traveling within the Philippines, but what about other countries especially if you're visiting for the first time?

I always travel solo
0 (0%)
I feel safer with a trusted local tour guide with me
0 (0%)
Having a local tour guide is very costly
0 (0%)
A customized private tour is the way to go
0 (0%)
I tried a group tour with a local guide, it is boring and very restrictive
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

PinoyDanilo

I have always traveled solo on my first international trips, but after getting the services of some trusted local guides, I don't think there's a better way to explore a new destination at least for the first few days of my trip. I may explore on my own for the remainder of my stay or on a return trip, but having a local expert guide you is not just safer, but more convenient.

notyourcoolguy

Hello, How much did it cost hiring a local guide? I am planning on a international trip this mid-november but i'm still looking for guide. Hoping for your recommendations! TIA...

PinoyDanilo

Quote from: notyourcoolguy on August 27, 2024, 09:50:45 AMHello, How much did it cost hiring a local guide? I am planning on a international trip this mid-november but i'm still looking for guide. Hoping for your recommendations! TIA...

Hi, @notyourcoolguy! The cost of hiring a guide can vary depending on a few key factors. The main ones are the country you're visiting and the types of destinations included in your private tour. A group tour is not expensive, there are even some free group tours if you're not in a hurry. However, I would definitely suggest that you get a private tour, especially if it is your first time in a country. I am planning a visit to Italy next year and I will be getting a local guide from https://gowithguide.com/Italy. Start by identifying your desired destination country. You can browse ready-made tours, or you can even connect with your preferred local guide by messaging them directly so they can design a custom tour based on your interests.