News:

Having problems registering or logging in?
Contact us here.

Main Menu

Christmas 2010

Started by judE_Law, October 03, 2010, 02:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judE_Law

wow!
lapit na pasko.. may ginagawa na ba kayong paghahanda? ako, nag-iipon na ng pamasko sa mga inaanak ko.. hehehe...
any thoughts about this years Christmas?

ctan

pinoybrusko

though malayo sa family, I try to feel the spirit of Christmas. Download ng Christmas songs nila Frank Sinatra, Neil Sedaka, Johnny Mathis, etc. I prefer the old original songs and play it in my car whenever I go. In a way, I felt the Christmas season

there's no Christmas here, its a normal working day but on the eve itself, after work I went to filipino friends to celebrate it and bring some food to share. Next day is working day again. Call family for hours how they'd spent Christmas. That's it  ;D

ctan

Alam mo brusko, I can relate to that. I'm actually living away from my family for 10 years already because I have to study in a far away place, and then my family are now dispersed around the world. For a time, I hated the idea that when Christmas day has gone, another Christmas day is coming. I didn't like the idea that I am spending Christmas alone. "So near yet so far". Christmas celebration is just around me, but my heart is not "Christmassy" at all. For years, I have been alone in my boarding house on a Christmas eve. When all my housemates have already gone home to celebrate the holiday with their families, I'm left alone with myself. As time passed, I realized that family is not only a physical entity. Once we fully understand what a home is, we realize that physical distance is but a speck in the universe. So right now, I'm happy that it's Christmas. Not just because we celebrate Christmas wherever we are, I am more contented with the fact that my family is healthy and that we CAN all celebrate Christmas wherever we are. :-)

marvinofthefaintsmile

I never had a ninong or Ninang.. So I don't know how it feels if it is chrismas.. the word "envy" comes in mind with Christmas..

Pero ngreregalo p dn aq pero 30% LNG ang expectation q n me mgreregalo dn sakin...

Probably, reregaluhan q n LNG ang sarile q. An award for being tough through this endless hard times..

bukojob

pag malutong na ang pera tapos makinis na yung mga barya...
pag naririnig mo na ang boses ni jose mari chan...
pag dumadami ang mga laruan sa mga mall...

malapit na mag pasko XD

noyskie

Quote from: ctan on October 03, 2010, 06:41:48 PM
Alam mo brusko, I can relate to that. I'm actually living away from my family for 10 years already because I have to study in a far away place, and then my family are now dispersed around the world. For a time, I hated the idea that when Christmas day has gone, another Christmas day is coming. I didn't like the idea that I am spending Christmas alone. "So near yet so far". Christmas celebration is just around me, but my heart is not "Christmassy" at all. For years, I have been alone in my boarding house on a Christmas eve. When all my housemates have already gone home to celebrate the holiday with their families, I'm left alone with myself. As time passed, I realized that family is not only a physical entity. Once we fully understand what a home is, we realize that physical distance is but a speck in the universe. So right now, I'm happy that it's Christmas. Not just because we celebrate Christmas wherever we are, I am more contented with the fact that my family is healthy and that we CAN all celebrate Christmas wherever we are. :-)

amen! may isang pasko din ako dito sa manila na nakatunganga lng ako sa bintana mag-isa, nakikinood ng fireworks sa kabilang bahay...

pero this year, masaya ako dahil uuwi ako ng iloilo! Merry Christmas sa lahat!

noyskie

Quote from: marvinofthefaintsmile on October 03, 2010, 06:57:49 PM
I never had a ninong or Ninang.. So I don't know how it feels if it is chrismas.. the word "envy" comes in mind with Christmas..

Pero ngreregalo p dn aq pero 30% LNG ang expectation q n me mgreregalo dn sakin...

Probably, reregaluhan q n LNG ang sarile q. An award for being tough through this endless hard times..

sa iloilo, hindi uso ang mamasko sa mga ninong at ninang. kahit ako wala akong kilalang ninong at ninang. kaya ako sa pasko na puro lang kami kalokohan ng mga kabarkada sa kalye dahil bakasyon.

angelo

i just love Christmas season!

parang "required" magkita kita and mag salu-salo kaya masaya ako at nakikita ko mga friends and relatives whom i have not seen in years/ or at least a year ago.

inaabangan ko yung simbang gabi.

marvinofthefaintsmile

Quotedark moments

haha! i love it! ang astig basahin!

marvinofthefaintsmile

pwede nmn "love in the dark" o "pag-ibig sa dilim".. I love it! Hahaha!!

base yan sa lyrics na "Once upon a time there was light in my life. But now there's only love in dark.."

noyskie

ako nag-iipon din sa pag-uwi sa probinsiya, siguradong hold up ang aabutin ko dun...

joshgroban

Quote from: fox69 on October 04, 2010, 12:46:19 PM
first of all, we have to remember that the main reason why Christmas exists is because we are celebrating the birth of CHRIST..that is why, every Christmas, i try to reflect  on all the things which transpired during the entire year ( parang pang new year din ito )...then i ask myself : did I make CHRIST happy for this year? Since im teaching statistics, i developed a personal scale on how to evaluate my actions for the year with respect to the Christian values and also with respect to the values to which i subscribed..last year, i rated myself an 8 out of 10..this year, i think its lower since i had lots of "dark moments" but then i still have at least 80 days left to rectify some personal errors and hopefully, gets a higher grade come Christmas Day ;D

ang bait mo fox whew...

ang pasko ko gayon ay masaya kasi may bagong contract sa work na hopefully magpapasaya sa matraming tao sa pasko

ctan

wow! congrats josh! :-) starbucks!

angelo

^bakit new contract? on a per project basis ba ito?  :-\
at least it is all good, isang maligayang pasko at masayang pagsalubong sa darating na bagong taon.