News:

Welcome to PGG Forums:
Ask for tips and advice ranging from men's fashion, grooming, hairstyles and dating women.

Main Menu

RH Bill. Yes or No?

Started by Mr.Yos0, November 23, 2010, 12:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judE_Law

so, ano na? nakapagdesisyon na kayo?

pro o anti? ;D

ctan

dati pa! :-D

IPASA ANG RH BILL!!!

mangkulas03

joshgroban

haha dapat tayo dito sa forum ang magdebate e...ang syete meron din ganito grand daw sa kanila hehe... gaya gaya

incognito

ang gulo ng harapan kagabi sa abs-cbn. kakatawa sila mag away. si roilo golez nakakainis.

incognito

gusto ko ung sinabi ng isa sa mga pro rh bill last night sa harapan ng abs-cbn. parang ganito ang sabi nya: respect diversity. di lahat ng pilipino katoliko.

tama nga naman. lumalabas kase na ang issue ng rh bill ay labanan between the catholic church and the government.

ctan

^^ yeah, sabi yun nung girl doctor na parang boyish na UP professor. :-D

mangkulas03

meron din ako nabasa na tweet kagabi... nakalimutan ko na kung kanino galing and yung exact tweet pero it goes something like this (break it down... yeah).

"if you're catholic and you don't want to use a condom, then don't. but don't stop others from doing so..."

parang ganon...

----

ayun. nakita ko na. :)

@juanmagdaraog
if you're catholic and it's against your belief to use condoms then don't. but don't deprive other people of it just because. #rhbill

mang juan

CBCP pulls out of RH Bill talks

MANILA, Philippines - President Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III's recent speech supporting the Reproductive Health Bill at the risk of excommunication is the last straw for the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines (CBCP).

The latter decided to pull out from dialogues with Malacañang over the controversial bill, saying "there's no reason to further undertake a serious study/dialogue in House Bill 4244 with the administration as proposed by President Aquino himself."

CBCP secretary-general Msgr. Juanito Figura and legal counsel Jo Imbong personally went to Malacañang to deliver a letter stating prelates are backing out of discussions. The parties had 2 meetings previously.

The letter was signed by Imus Bishop Luis Antonio Tagle, chairman of the Episcopal Commission on the Doctrine of the Faith; Parañaque Bishop Jesse Mercado, chairman of the Episcopal Commission on the Laity and Antipolo Bishop Gabriel Reyes, former chairman of the Episcopal Commission on the Laity.

CBCP News said the prelates cited 5 salient points for their withdrawal.

They said the bill had good provisions, but are offset and "interwoven and packaged with the bad provisions."

These provisions include the promotion and legalization of contraceptives as a means for population control. They added these are widely acknowledged to bring serious and adverse consequences on human health and lives and hampers creation of "human lives that are formed at fertilization."

The provisions also "establish a mindset and a value-system that are secularist, materialistic, individualistic and hedonistic in the guise of development and modernity."

"The bill abuses the meanings of 'rights', 'choice', 'freedom', and 'responsible parenthood' as these trample on the religious and moral exercise of conscience," the prelates added.

In fact, all its so-called good provisions are already incorporated in the 1987 Constitution, they said. "These simply need to be implemented through aggressive and sincere policy enforcement," they added.

They also took offense over the use of public funds for the promotion of artificial contraceptives.

They added the government should not yield to pressures from monitoring bodies of the United Nations.

In a press conference in Malacañang, Presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda expressed disappointment over the CBCP's decision.

He said the prelates took out of context the President's speech.

He added it is more prudent for the bishops to join the debates since their stand is crucial in keeping the public informed. The Palace said it is still keeping its lines open should the CBCP decide to again involve itself in the discussions.

Because of this development, the Palace no longer has plans to draft a copy of the bill and will instead review the consolidated version. – with reports from Jenny Reyes, ABS-CBN News

source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/05/10/11/cbcp-pulls-out-rh-bill-talks

Hitad

bakit ba kasi nakikialam yung simbahan sa gobyerno

carpediem

There's no need for the government to have a dialogue with CBCP in the first place.

vortex

Still undecisive ako dito sa RH Bill pero I'd say na yes ako on some of its objectives with emphasis on responsible parenting and everyting for the sake of children and women undergoing pregnancy. (On Biblical side)Honestly I disagree the use of contraceptives or modern methods;I think that includes vasectomy/ligation . And in my opinion kahit maipasa na ang bill na ito, morality and responsibility na ng tao ang magiging issue, like why make a bunch of babies if you could not even raise yourself properly. For me hindi reason ang walang libangan kaya nagbe-baby making or hindi dapat isisi lang sa gobyerno ang pagiging mahirap mo. Everytime na nakakapanood ako sa tv ng malalaking pamilya na halos mamalimos na, mas lumalamang ang inis ko sa magulang nila. Why kasi hindi sila responsible parents eh, and their mistakes and neglects make their innocent children suffer the consequences. By the way I am not for a debate here, I just want to post my insight and opinions, hehehe.If you could convince me, why not. And another thing, I commend na rin si Sir Josh Groban. Hehehe...I admire you due to the fact that you stand for what you believe in.hehehe...For me it is a serious matter and will go along way before it comes to end especially na two foundations of a country ang nagka-clash. Yun lang. Good evening.hehehe...

ctan

^^ hahaha. admirable talaga yang si moch aka joshgroban. biruin mo, firm pa rin siya ngayon sa paninindigan niya sa pagiging anti-RH Bill dito. hehehe! :-)

CrewCut

mangkulas03

manny pacquiao is anti-RH. Thoughts?